Lobby is hiring a Head of Engineering to lead and scale our engineering team. You'll be working with the team to oversee the product roadmap, design systems, and mentor early-career contributors. You will report directly to the CEO.
In a leadership role at Lobby, you can count on a collaborative workplace and autonomy over your work. If you believe in the future of crypto and DAOs and want to work at a place that encourages agency and growth, please consider applying for this position.
Even if you do not meet all the requirements perfectly, please still consider applying.
- 5+ years working with a frontend framework, ideally React
- 5+ years working with Node.js, ideally with Express and/or Prisma
- Expert with SQL or relational databases
- Deep technical understanding of blockchain, cryptocurrency, and/or Web 3
- Experience leading engineering teams in production
- Motivated by iteration and progress
- Continuously learning more, both in your craft and in other domains
- Ability to clearly express your needs and expectations to make sure we're continuously helping you succeed
- Lead a team of talented Jr. and Sr. engineers across the stack
- Oversee project specifications, roadmaps, and deadlines
- Triage issues and review pull requests
- Mentor and pair-program with early-career engineers
- Conduct technical interviews with new candidates
- Write weekly status updates for CEO and Head of Operations
- Work with leadership team to produce measurable technical goals in line with business needs
- Voice needs and ask for help early
- Contribute to a strong remote culture with a collaborative, growth-oriented mindset – we're all here to learn and build together
Why you might not be a good fit
- Another company's mission gets you way more fired up.
- You want a 9-5 job.
- You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and meticulously-planned environments.
- You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling them.
- You see differences as divisions
- You believe that something has to be exclusive for it to be cool
Lobby Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.